The Metropolitan Museum of Art (MET) in NYC is the largest art museum in the Americas.
- Sunday – Monday and Thursday: 10am-5pm
- Friday and Saturday: 10am-9pm
- Closed Tuesday and Wednesday
- For any New York State residents as well as New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut students, you can pay what you wish
- General Admission: $30 (Adults), $17 (Students), Free for children under 12
- Special exhibitions may have separate fees.
- One of the world’s largest and most prestigious art museums.
- Its collections include more than 2 millions works of art spanning 5,000 years of world culture
- Permanent collection as well as temporary exhibitions
Must-Do Activities: Go see an exhibition, such as the Egyptian Temple of Dendur and the European Paintings galleries.
Best Times to Visit: Weekdays are less crowded than weekends.
Nightlife, Dining & Shopping: Variety of food and beverage options inside The Met, including The Cantor Roof Garden Bar. Shopping options at The Met Store. Also, further nightlife, dining and shopping options around the area.
Must-Do Activities: Enjoy cocktails and snacks at The Cantor Roof Garden Bar with stunning views of Central Park
Tips for Visiting: Plan your visit around specific exhibits or areas of interest